North Side Fun
Monday (yesterday) I went with Marissa and Beata and Solomon to the North Side to the new Allegheny Library. Apparently, the one I used to frequent while working at the Pittsburgh Children's Museum was the original, first Carnegie library in the United States. The new one was quite modern, and the children and I had great fun playing in the children's room while Marissa selected reading-level-appropriate books for them.
We played with a heavy wooden (air) guitar---I made chord sounds out of it---and also pretended that it was a cello, as well, humming the Albinoni adagio in G.
The children played while we did a round-robin to check out the books.
We then went to Wendy's to pick up food, which we brought to eat in the cafe at the Carnegie Science Center. Beatrice certainly did not want to go to the second floor, nor to the Robot Man, the thought of which absolutely delighted Solomon. In fact, while Marissa and Beata waited in line patiently for the Stars above Pittsburgh planetarium show to start, Solomon and I visited various robots in Robo World. Beata and I stayed for the end of the show, and got star charts, as well. Marissa and Solomon departed soon before the show ended.
We took a short walk to the ducks and stairs just upriver from the submarine docked at the north shore of the head of the Ohio River. The sky quickly changed its mind to an angry gray and we piled into the car just in time to drive into the driving rain.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home