Monday, August 09, 2010

Birthday and Bye bye (for now)

Saturday morning I went for a walk with Maureen. At 14.00 we had a birthday celebration for Benny at Phyllis and Gene's home. Bernie and his family were there, as was William and his family. Mom and Dad, Kelly and I rode out together. We had grilled hamburgers, homemade chili and corn bread, corn salad, Italian pickled vegetables, and homemade Pokemon cake and mocha silk tofu pie. We greatly enjoyed each others' company and Kelly stayed for the evening.

I talked to Maureen that night on the phone, and the next day (Sunday)I journaled. Joyce and the children and Kelly visited my home. Marissa and the children joined us, and the children enjoyed potstickers, sweet potato fries with purple ketchup, and lemonade. They also enjoyed building a house of cards, the exercise balls, and playing. We took some photos. Greg helped Mom and Dad with their computer, and he set up my computer so that it can print on Mom and Dad's printer. It was soon time for Kelly to catch her bus back to New York. Dad drove her there. Soon after Marissa departed with the children, followed by Joyce and Greg and their children.

Today I made arrangements for the last tour for my Frosh Programs class. I will have the students at a field trip location for half of my class meetings! I went for a walk with Maureen. We walked, ended up at Pamela's (where I enjoyed a Belgian waffle), printed up some photos, saw many university tours, asked about move-in date for frosh, then I headed home.

Mom, Dad, and I went to Phyllis and Gene's for a pool session. We then had dinner at Longhorn Steak House, and enjoyed the balance of the Birthday cake for Benny. A game of "Celebrity" ensued, followed by stories about the children and then those about the Grandparents and Lolo and Lola. We had great fun bidding everyone a fond farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home