Sunday, October 02, 2011

PhD, the movie

I waited at the very head of the line for an hour before the Piled Higher and Deeper (PhD) movie was shown at 20.30 at Carnegie Mellon University last night. Alina, Aurora, then Regina, June, and some others joined me at the head of the line. The movie was the brainchild of Jorge Cham, the parent of Phdcomics.com, an on-line comic strip. The strip posted at the end of this week was about what to do in the case that you stop receiving emails...

PhD the movie was filmed at CalTech, with grad students acting, and faculty members as well. The mountains near Pasadena and Altadena were partially shrouded in smog, as appropriate. The PhD movie trailer was great!

Regina, Alina, Kevin, Nikos, Andrew, June, Aurora, and a nameless grad student and I went to ihop for a snack afterwards. Some of us thought we might tempt fate and our ears for a night of salsa dancing afterwards: Aurora and Nikos were up for it, but Kevin, June, and I dissed the notion. I voted it down because my soon to be frozen hips were swathed in sweatpants.

Kevin kindly gave rides home to me and to June. A fun-filled evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home