Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saint Padraig's Day and Night 2012 (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)

After rechecking my administrative work this morning and a nap from 9.00 to 10, I went for a walk with Maureen to the university student union, for little donuts, and for coffee and a breakfast sandwich (for me) on Forbes Avenue. After chatting for a bit, we stopped by the William Pitt Union on the way back, asking about an event listed in the Pitt News last night but not, apparently, being held at the stated location in the WPU. A nice student worker called another center on campus (that used to be the Concordia Club), for more information.

Maureen and I exchanged greetings with Karina and with Elaine on Craig Street across from the Cathedral.

What a warm, sunny day with many prefrosh visiting campus this weekend.

One our way past the Soldiers and Sailors building, we saw large groups of many-color-T- shirted young people lined up outside the building.
~~~~~~
This evening I went to my friend Kelly and her partner Bill's St. Patrick's Day party. We spent much time chatting at the "kid's table" (where I met Amy and Bill, who know Becky, from work)---which then morphed into the "grown-ups table" (where Kelly and Bill's parents sat, as well. I spent much of my time there catching up with Stephanie and Steve, who now live south of Pittsburgh.

The food was terrifically tasty, with rosemary-ed roast beef from east on the turnpike, homemade potato soup, salad, and smoked salmon with capers. We guests brought desserts, and the dessert table was laden with selections of cookies, pastries, and yummies. I enjoyed a spice cupcake with mint icing and a lace oatmeal cookie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home