Pittsburgh Marathon Sunday 2012
I went Sunday morning to Mom and Dad's to pick up my camera for the Pittsburgh marathon. Anyone can run the Pittsburgh marathon, it is often used by runners to qualify for another marathon. Approximately 25000 runners officially ran yesterday. Among them were some of Stacy's friends and Lauren, Maureen's niece.
I walked from Fifth and Craig toward South Craig Street and ran into Stacy, who was on her way to Starbucks for a coffee. I spotted Charles there, seated at a table with prime real estate---with a pristine view out the windows of the cheering cheerleaders at the turn toward the halfway mark. We encouraged Charles to join us outside, cheering the runners, as he waited for Susan, who was at eight o'clock Mass. We had fun whoooo-ing and cheering them on. I took a few photos, one or two of each of Stacy's runner friends. I caught myself, and I commented that it was necessary to stop cheering so enthusiastically, as I was to read at the next Mass that morning. Charles departed around nine o'clock to join up with Susan, and soon after we ran into Don, who was on his way to Starbucks for coffee. We chatted with him both before and after his coffee run.
Right before the 1.57:00 time mark at the halfway point I spotted Lauren. I yelled, "Go Lauren!" to her and she slowed down, pulling off her sunglasses for a photo. I concurrently ran alongside her, struggling to keep up on the sidewalks. I got a pretty crappy photo of the people running in her group as she moved along.
~~~~
I also read at Mass for Sr. Marietta, as she would have had a difficult time getting to the church building from home during the Marathon. Fr. Raymond Utz celebrated the Mass; Becky and Don provided music ministry from the altar and the loft, respectively; John DeF served; and Fr. Donald Breier gave his announcement about his departure from his post as rector of our parish.
Mom and I went to Michaels, for snack at Target, and Ross Park Mall JCP and shopping for beads (again), lunch at Panera, and a hunt for a tea kettle at Ross.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home