Feast of Christ the King of the Universe 2012
Today is the Feast Day of Christ the King of the Universe. We sang today, in order:
To Jesus Christ our Sovereign King
Kyrie
Gloria (C. Andrews)
Psalm 93 (J. Philips)
Alleluia (M. Vulpius)
Preparation of the Altar: Choral Fanfare for Christ the King (H. Smith)
Acclamations from the Deutsche Messe (Schubert/ Proulx)
Agnus Dei (Antonio Lotti)
Communion Antiphon for the Feast of Christ the King (Robert Farrell)
Communion: Priestly People (L. Diess)
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament: O Salutaris Hostia
Followed by a
Prayerful Silence as the congregation departed
~~~
Lunch was salad greens with shredded cheese and rotisserie chicken pieces.
Maureen and I went for a walk for about an hour in Oakland up to Carnegie Mellon and the Miller Gallery for a walk-through of the "Imperfect Health: The Medicalization of Architecture" exhibit currently installed there:
http://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2012/july/july27_imperfecthealth.html
We then ended up at the Pan-Asian restaurant on Craig Street, sharing a serving of General Tso's chicken. MMmmMM.
The evening has been spent networking electronically. I'm a better personal networker, but I believe in the Network. (Wouldn't be where I am without it!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home