Sunday, December 16, 2012

Performances and Performing Saturday, December 2012

Yesterday was a day of performances and performing.  I dropped off Mom and Dad at a classroom at Carnegie Mellon for Beatrice's first piano recital/ class demo.  I parked the car in the garage near the UC and walked to the campus building.  Marissa, Solomon, and I went to the rest room, where he washed his hands twice.  ("Oh yes, you have to wash your hands again.")

Afterwards, I met Nancy at Mom & Dad's home to carpool to Sister's Christmas Catechism:  The Mystery of the Magi's Gold by Maripat Donovan.  There were some live wires in the audience this time, with several women trying to sneak snacks during the "class."  "Sister" (Kim Richards) requested that the woman in the back row with homemade snacks pass her candy to the front for the diabetic in the front row with low blood sugar (!)  Nancy C, Karen R, and I participated with a number of others as the choir.  A good time was had by all!

We headed to meet Maureen in Squirrel Hill afterwards.  Victor's restaurant was closed at 16.30, so we called and reconnoitered at the Thai tapas restaurant, Silk Elephant.  I had the lamb curry dish with a Thai iced tea.

Maureen and I made a quick stop at her house to check out her latest wardrobe acquisitions and to take a look-see at Facebook.

Maureen and I watched Arthur Miller's The Crucible, at the Rauh Theater at the Pittsburgh Playhouse.  It was presented by the Conservatory Theatre Company, and directed by Shirley Tannenbaum.  Casting was brilliant, with particularly outstanding characters played by John Proctor (Alex Walton) and Elizabeth Proctor (Lily Davis).  The set design (Gianni Downs) had an infernal tinge to it, and the girls as witches were, well, bewitching.  I told Maureen during the intermission that there is a line of thinking that the girls during the Salem witch trials were poisoned by a psychotropic fungus that was found in the grain stores. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home