Easter Monday 2013-- Bible Study; Newman's Sermon 23
Yesterday (Monday) night I went to the Oratory for Bible study with Fr. Steve L. We read and discussed Newman's Sermon 23: Keeping Fast and Festival.
I noted that, as Newman stated, one tends to forget the spiritual reflections one has during illness after one is well again--- not so with the liturgical year cycle and with everytime we celebrate the Mass...we remember the Resurrection.
With the liturgical cycle, there is the difference between Lent and Advent...Lent is more inward-directed, and Advent is looking outside ourselves, with hope, toward the arrival of the Christ. Advent requires a preparation of one's inner being, as well, but the gist of the preparation is outward toward the arrival of Christ.
We talked about the first "feast, then fast": as demonstrated by our brother and sister Adam and Eve.
I met Coral, Leland, Chris, John, and James and others there. A great discussion!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home