der Boot orthotik 2
Now, I'm convinced that I have a stellar pain threshold. I write this because when I described a precipitating pain incident in early March, my doctors say that did not cause all the problems they see in the X ray sets.
They really had to convince me to wear the boot---I think I have a high tolerance for pain and just have been walking in pain for a loooong time. The doctors do not think it is a very very old injury (from ballet or gymnastics or rockclimbing), but they think the main fracture is due to something other than my sudden pain in March. I am just used to living with pain, I suppose, from my hip problems.
Osteophytes---there are osteophytes in that ankle (as well as a Bouchard's node in my hand), and the resident who examined the X rays seemed to think that there was evidence of my ankle bones trying to mend themselves between March and this week.
Thus, the request that I wear the boot, to immobilize and take weight/ pressure off the joint.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home