Thursday, July 04, 2013

Independence Day 2013

After enjoying a dinner of Filipino food with Mom and Dad, I departed to watch fireworks with William's family and with Charles and Susan.  My last email to William and Marissa before I left is below:

Must wait to see the weather closer to the time, as my lightning rods are awful (or good,depending on your pt of view) in T'storms...

The children chased fireflies ("Stay on this side of the fence," I told them), Solomon and I saw a bunny, and I handed off a couple of fireflies in series to them and their friends.  Right before the fireworks actually started, Marissa warned me of impending lightning storms, so I moved WAY back in the audience, which was a smart move, as it started to pour rain, as well, soon after the start of the fireworks at ~20.25.  The fireworks lasted about 25 to 30 minutes, and the sky was brightened despite the weather.

I watched the end of the PBS television show from the Capital with Mom and Dad.  We were all impressed with hometown girl Jackie Evancho, and with how she has grown into a lovely teenager.  We were pleased to watch Neil Diamond, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home