Sunday, September 08, 2013

A Wellesley Day, Day to Make a Difference 2013

I awoke at 4.30 yesterday (Saturday) to get some work paperwork done.  I headed to Shadyside Family House for the Wellesley Club's Day to Make a Difference.  We prepared a homemade, hot breakfast for the guests. 
The breakfast menu consisted of:

Pancakes (plain, blueberry, or chocolate chip)
scrambled eggs
sausage
homemade muffins and homemade cinnamon coffee cake
jams, jellies, and syrups
orange juice and white grape juice

Ten volunteers hailed from various classes, ranging from 1955 to 1999, and included two daughters of an alumna.  Volunteers included Dorothy H, Laurel B, Martha B, Michele L, Stephanie Z, Karen A, and Ines C.  Networking was prevalent through the morning, and a short meeting of the board members present was held at the end.  Excellent ideas were raised for future club events.
~~~
After 18.00 Debbie and I were at Kennywood.  She had missed the email blast for the Day to Make a Difference, and I am determined to reach alumnae like her who are in our geographical catchment area.  We walked past the carousel to get eats (1 hour 20 minute wait for bacon and cheddar freshly cut and fried fries--!!), where I met a few nice people.  We ate by the band (which played "Sweet Caroline"), enjoyed a spin on the Turtle ("Turtles are supposed to be slow, people!"), the Wave Swinger (Bavarian ride), walked through Lost Kennywood past the Whip to Marissa's favorite ride, the Exterminator ("Marco!"  "Polo!"), which is in the dark, spins one about, and even progresses backwards!  Our last ride of the evening, after passing by the laser/flame show by the lake, was the Carousel.  All oldie but goodie rides.  We greatly enjoyed the evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home