Happy Thanksgiving 2013!
Thanksgiving morning, I went to 10.00 AM Mass at the Cathedral. I saw Noreen, Mom and Dad's neighbor, as I entered, and we decided to sit together. We sang
We Gather Together
Gloria (J. Lee)
and the first reading was done by Bettina-- I Kings 8: 55-61
The sung Psalm was Psalm 146
and the second reading was I Corinthians 1:3-9. The Gospel reading (after the Berthier Alleluia acclamation) was from Luke 1:39-55.
We sang
For the Beauty of the Earth (tune by Dix) at the Offertory
R. Proulx's Acclamations,
Chanted Agnus Dei,
and sang
Eat this Bread (J. Berthier), led by the cantor, Tom.
America the Beautiful (O Beautiful for Spacious Skies) (K.Lee Bates) was our recessional hymn.
We sat behind Joe and Tina, and in front of Carmella and Bob, whose two sons concelebrated the Mass with Fr. Kris, Fr. Joe, and a third resident priest. Noreen left the pew to hand out prayer cards, and the priests handed out blessed apples for the congregation.
The organ postlude was
Now Thank We All Our God (J.S. Bach)
~~~
Thanksgiving meals this year consisted of a large, catered Japanese sushi tray for lunch and Mexican chili cheese dip for dinner. Om Nom! Mom, Dad, and I gave thanks that we didn't have to have turkey (who likes white meat poultry, anyway?) and that some of the fundraisers for Typhoon Yolanda were behind us.
We were exhausted from all the fundraisers for the typhoon. Thankfulness abounds.
We will enjoy Chinese restaurant dining with William's family and his in-laws today (Friday).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home