Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week of Sunday 14 September-- First Sunday Back at Choir

Sunday the 14th of September was our first day back at choir.  It was the Feast of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross.  We sang
an introit (Let our glory be in the cross),
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Lord Have Mercy (Litany tone)
Gloria (J. Lee)
Psalm 78 (Batastini/Gelineau)
Gospel Acclamation (J. Berthier)
Sanctus (Mass XVIII)
Acclamations (Danish Mass)
Lamb of God (D. Isele's Holy Cross Mass)
Communion:  By the Sign of the Cross (A. Motyka)
Recessional:  We Glory in the Cross of Christ

Additionally, we sang for the preparation of gifts and for Communion
God So Loved the World (J. Goss)
Ave Verum (E. Elgar)
Ken played two voluntaries (before and after Mass), the postlude was by Langlais.

~~~~
Monday I got donuts for Joya's panel discussion about Opportunities at PITT.  Students showed us that they had applied for absentee ballots or library cards.  This week I reminded my students to send me an email if they have allergies to common substances, and about their flu shots.  I went to a talk on Race and Health by Prof. Johnson of the University of Michigan at the Cathedral of Learning.  Sat in the same row as Darve, my former UTA, now a medical student.
~~~
Wednesday there was no Bible study and Carol W from CIDDE observed me at work that afternoon.
~~~
Thursday our first gradesheets were due in the morning, I met up with Carol W of CIDDE regarding my observation, and I got my flu shot.
~~~
Graded MORE this weekend (finished grading the prelabs before the weekend, but did not finish grading all four sections--graded 3/4 sections of the notebooks).  Went with Mom and Dad to "Auntie Azon's Mass at the Cathedral....We all went to dinner at Dumpling House.  I sat at the kid's table with Regina and John.  Tita Trinita misses Auntie Azon very much.  We got back in time to welcome k & K to Pittsburgh.  I put a whole chicken and some pork in my freezer.  We enjoyed spring water, kefir water, and I got a shoulder massage.  Much food was eaten and enjoyed.  I graded all day Saturday and Sunday.
~~~~
Monday, I took my students to Heinz Chapel, and after the tour I talked about Academic Integrity/Honesty and how it relates to the windows in the chapel.
~~~
Tuesday, after work I went to the Library Meet and Greet (Wine and Cheese) and chatted with Carlos P, Margarete, and Marni H.  Margarete and I walked to the Biology complex together.
~~~
Wednesday (today) I caught up with my blogging journal, and will go to Bible Study this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home