Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wednesday, Thursday- Papa Francisco en America!

From 7.30 until ~ 18.00 Mom, Dad, and I watched the Pope, Papa Francisco, in Washington, DC.  One of the speakers/correspondents on CNN was Fr. Tim K, one of the priest sons of friends of ours from Church.  Also, Cardinal Donald Wuerl, former Bishop of Pittsburgh, rode in the converted Jeep Wrangler from the White House this morning with the Pope, and Wuerl also made opening and thankful closing remarks at the Papal Mass this afternoon from 16.15-18.15.

At the White House, someone exclaimed, "We love you, [Pope Francis]!"  ...
Vatican security carried a baby, a young girl, and a second baby to the pontiff to bless en route from the White House.
His schedule in Washington, DC consisted of:
~9.15 Welcome ceremony and meeting with President Obama at the White House
~11.00 Papal Parade along the Ellipse and the National Mall
~11.30 Midday Prayer and Meeting with the US Bishops at St. Matthew Cathedral
~ 4.15 PM Mass of Canonization of Fr. Junipero Serra at Catholic University and the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
~~~~~
Thursday, Mom and I watched the 9.20 Address of Papa Francisco to the joint meeting of the U.S. Congress.  We watched CNN, and a voice was heard to say a hateful comment about the Pope on the air as he entered the Congressional chamber.  :n(
~ 11.15 He then was transported to bless the people and lunch at St. Patrick in the City and Catholic Charities.
Mom and I went to Bloomfield for grocery shopping.
~ 6.45-7.05 I watched evening prayer after his arrival to Manhattan.  The choir sounded great, and Jenny P was seen to be conducting them...Went to choir practice, and after practice we enjoyed cookies by Jess.  A book, In the Name of God, was recommended to me.  We discussed John Paul I, as well as refugees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home