This Weekend: Help and frolics
Friday night Debbie and I went to a comedy club and saw Tammy Pescatelli. She is hilarious!
Description: Comedian Tammy Pescatelli is the kind of woman you wish was your sister or your best friend. Like a good sister, she‘s always ready with a good joke or lively quip. Pescatelli grew up in a large, crazy, Italian family outside of Cleveland and went on to marry into an even larger, crazier, Italian family and has a little boy that she named after her husband-’just to prepare for Alzheimer’s!” When people ask her – “Where do you get your material?” She famously replies, “I wake up!” Her most recent 1 hour special, “Finding the Funny” was released recently in an exclusive deal with the trailblazing company, NETLFIX. Pescatelli’s eye for actually finding the funny in all situations, is what is already bringing the project critical acclaim from fans and peers alike. “Finding The Funny” reached #3 on ITunes. Her reality series, A Stand Up Mother (which she co-created, executive produced, wrote and starred in) on WEtv.
from
http://pittsburgh.improv.com/event.cfm?id=374162
~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday (yesterday) I did two loads of laundry for Mom and Dad, made sure she had a good breakfast, administered medicines, help her with her exercises, go grocery and other shopping for them, all before 14.30! I accomplished some administrative items for my online work and emailing, too. Debbie and I went to Dormont to see Difret, a movie based on a true story.
Here is the story line:
and the link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2611390/?ref_=nv_sr_1
"Difret" is based on an actual drama that took place in 1996 and whose main protagonist was Aberash Bekale, a young Ethiopian girl.
Who now works for women's and girls' rights.
Very powerful, deep, moving movie. The executive producer of this film was Angelina Jolie.
From the movie:
We won.
I don't feel that we won.... I can't [go home to] protect my little sister.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home