FRI- Grade Meeting, Tea downtown with Stacy, Evening Dinner Guests
Yesterday (Friday) consisted of the early afternoon grading meeting. After slight adjustments for certain students in all instructors' sections, we posted our grades. Regina K and I made plans for Sunday.
Late in the afternoon Stacy and I went to enjoy the live music and tea and cocoa downtown, but not before enjoying the blustery, windswept crèche which is a replica of the one at the Vatican. Stacy and I talked about a plethora of various topics, from providing experiences as gifts for children, to thankfulness prayers, to praying to and being open to the Holy Spirit "to be moved and inspired by the Holy Spirit." We talked about the Serenity Prayer and how the Wisdom part of it is so difficult, so it's important to pray for Wisdom.
We talked about how praying to God often results in answers that arrive in various ways through various vehicles/people, and in God's own time. We talked about my Callings, and we talked about both of us, our being open to discernment answers to the question, "What's Next?" of God. We talked about Big Brothers and Big Sisters, mentoring youth, and other possibilities. I told her of my friend from graduate school, D, who was a Big and told us of the graduation of her Little.
This reminds me of my discussion with Shelly after noon Mass and donuts just this past Sunday. I told her I used to pray a number of years ago that I could put up with/ tolerate a situation with which we both were familiar, and a key component of the situation was removed by God so that the problem was resolved.
Stacy and I returned to our parents' building, she to spend time with her mom and I to go visit with Mom and Dad and their dinner guests---Dr. Pat, Tita Tina, and Tito Larry. We enjoyed a multi-course home-cooked meal of isda, torta, dinuguan, canin, and desserts of guinataan, and double dark fudge. We decided that lipstick is a good thing, especially if it is the only thing on a clear/clean palette of a face. We talked about the moment Mom got sick, with descriptions by Mom and me. Being at the medical dinner table, questions were asked, and the Internet was brought out for additional instruction of me (of unfamiliar terms).
I left the still-conversing group of them and retired for home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home