Sunday, December 13, 2015

Gaudete Sunday 2015!

Today is St. Lucy's Day, trumped by Gaudete Sunday, so I was decked out in ROSE as I and Nathalie read/ lectored for the 8.00 Mass.  The Mass was celebrated by Fr. Mark in thanksgiving with / for Mom.  There were three young altar servers, and Debbie Zugates with Don on music ministry.  Mom, Dad, William, Beatrice, and Solomon were in attendance.  I was glad to hear from Beatrice that my reading was good after the Mass was over.  Music and readings for this Mass included:
Entrance Hymn:  Lift Up Your Heads
First Reading:  Zephaniah 3: 14-18  Zep 3:14-18a
Canticle/ Psalm-- Isaiah 12 (J. Burns)
Second Reading:  Phil 4:4-7
Gospel Acclamation (Jacques Berthier)
Gospel:  Lk 3:10-18
Preparation of the Gifts:  On Jordan's Bank
Sanctus (Mass XVIII)
Memorial Acclamation (the Roman Missal)
Amen from the Community Mass (R. Proulx)
Lamb of God from Missa Emmanuel (R. Proulx)
Communion:  Take Courage and Do Not Fear (A. Motyka)
Recessional Hymn:  Savior of the Nations, Come
~~~~~
After Mass, we went to Synod Hall for Donut Sunday.  Solomon had donutss and Lost his Tooth in the process.  Don found it humorous that he truly lost his tooth, and asked him what he will do about the tooth fairy.  Solomon responded that he would write a letter.
~~~~~
Then, I baked two trays of desserts and went to choir practice and choir.  Lisa and I took photos of people before, during, and after this 65+ Fahrenheit Gaudete ROSE Sunday. 

We sang, in addition to the above music:
Entrance Antiphon:  Rejoice in the Lord always (For Sealing of the Holy Door)
Preparation of Gifts:  Alma Redemptoris Mater (G. Palestrina)
Communion Antiphon:  Say, take courage, you who are fainthearted (Robert Farrell)
Communion Meditation:  Prepare the Way, O Zion (from the Swenska Psalmboken)
~~~~~
Mom and I prepared a tray and plates of desserts for their neighborly party and for me to give out in thankfulness early this week.

After a nap, Dad, Mom, and I went to their building party.  Mom and I chatted with Lois and Alva and Ms. Re--.  Lots of savories and sweets, all homemade by people. 

We called Auntie Emma and Uncle Abe afterwards.  Auntie Emma and I spoke about Thankfulness prayers, and Forgiveness of Others and of Oneself.  I told Auntie Emma my parenting story from lab, then Mom is chatting with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home