Sunday, January 17, 2016

SATurday morning

Yesterday (Saturday) morning I awoke with a dream voice saying, "Love," as in "What is most important?" 
Then the dream voice said, "Love just one above all others."  I was not prepared in my morning sleepiness for this, as well.  I thought it was referring to people/ persons/ person.  Later yesterday, when more awake during my morning ablutions, I realized that it was a theological imperative.  It was stating for my sleepy self the First Commandment of the ten.

Wow.  I am so thankful for that reminder from God to my somnambulant self!  Because at first, it appeared that one should only love one individual person...which is somewhat difficult when one lives in society, lives in communities/ groupings of people:  Family, Neighborhood, Church or faith community, etc.  As John Steinbeck once wrote to a young family friend, these groupings follow you like a comet.  I am so relieved for that clarification.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home