Leading up to this Week!
Choir vacation after Easter for a whole week! Neither choir practices nor choral singing Thursday and Sunday after Easter. Continuation of twice-weekly training at the museum, and of twice-weekly physical therapy. Thursday night with Debbie for our favorite appetizer/ dinner place at the Waterfront. Friday at work we delivered our first practice presentations for the other docents-in-training. Saturday Mom and I went shopping. Sunday Mom, Dad, and I went for burgers and fries for lunch, and had shrimp and veggies with rice and noodles soup for dinner.
Wednesday Mom, Dad, and I went to Bible Study, reading the readings for the Third Sunday of Easter (Cycle C). There were 21 of us, plus two from the Oratory: Fr. Drew Morgan and a Brother. The readings were:
Acts 5: 27-32, 40B-41
Revelation 5: 11-14
Gospel Reading- John 21: 1-19
Whilst discussing the first reading, Fr. Drew brought up that this incident occurred after Pentecost; was not indicative of a "new religion," but was the Fulfillment of Judaism.
I proclaimed the second reading. Fr. Drew brought up Isaiah 6 (Holy, Holy, Holy).
Two of us proclaimed the Gospel reading. Fr. Drew brought up that Jesus asked Peter three times the equivalent of "agape?" and Peter answered thrice the equivalent of "filios!" Recalling last week, (when the apostles ran ahead of the women apostles to the tomb,) John says to Peter "It's the Lord," then John defers to Peter to have the above-mentioned discussion with Christ.
We spoke about the numbers in the Gospel: 153 were believed to be the known species of fish at the time (according to St. Jerome), and is a summing up to 17. Seventeen is prime, and is the 7th prime number. We had to fish for these answers...
+++++
Today is Thursday. I lectored at the televised morning Mass this morning. Fr. Kris S celebrated the Mass, John DeF served, and Ken provided music ministry from the portative organ at the Marian altar.
Today's Mass celebrated the Memorial of St. John Baptiste de la Salle.
Entrance Hymn: We Walk by Faith (Dunlop's Creek)
Reading Acts 5:27-33
Responsorial Psalm 34:2 and 9, 17-18, 19-20
Alleluia: John 20:29
Gospel Reading John 3: 31-36
The Mass was offered up for the soul of Barbara F, who passed away recently. Fr. Kris offered up prayers for her soul and the souls of those who passed away during this week, as well, as the Mass concluded.
Recessional Hymn: The Church's One Foundation
~~~~~
Went to lunch at Hello Bistro with William, Dad, and Mom. Walked Mom and Dad to her doctor's appointment on Forbes Avenue, took the bus to retrieve the car, and picked them up in the rain.
Spent the afternoon grading quizzes. Mom and I prepared spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner (long life!) and then I went to choir practice. Maraid and Natalie B-S were back, but Jen was out. We had a great practice, and returned plenteous music that evening.
After getting home, I called Joyce's family, as I received their posted box (!) chock full of candy!!! from our childhood ! Dad took a photo of me with it on Friday, and we enjoyed it, too.
I completed grading the quizzes this week, and started and finished grading the Animal Development Prelab assignments today (Saturday). Now for a short break.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home