Saturday, May 21, 2016

Pentecost week 2016

Monday-- I rested, couldn't breathe well.  Mom and Co. east to the Eye Clinic for evaluation.
Tuesday was the Docent monthly meeting, and the potluck.  I spoke to Arika about a recommendation.  Mom and Dad and Co. returned home after the Eye Clinic evaluation.
Wednesday afternoon, Provost's Diversity Training through CIDDE for our transgender students.
Thursday morning, Provost's Diversity Training through CIDDE for our disabled students,  Thursday afternoon:  Appointment with Dr. Lori.  She gave me new symptom medications and a new round of antibiotics.  I stayed long enough at our last choir rehearsal to pick up some disposable masks from a friend.
Friday, museum observations of two tours--one by CW, of a class of first graders, some with autism-spectrum qualities, and a very small tour with Anita, of three middle-schoolers, with special needs.  There were twelve students and two adults in the first group and two adults with the second group.
Today (Saturday) Pratima picked me up and we had lunch in the Carnegie CafĂ©.  I had a turkey po' boy sandwich with macaroni & cheese, and she had a veggie panini with a fruit cup.  The food and the conversation laissent les bon temps rouler.  Marissa and Solomon met up with us and we headed straight for the (last day of the) Pterosaurs exhibit (the "Pterosaurs Going Away Party").  Immediately, Solomon and I headed for the virtual/interactive flying and fishing pterosaur.  Solomon, when it was his turn, took flight and dove to catch a fish, at which he was successful!  We then went back to the beginning of the exhibit, and then ran into Georgia, who was conducting a Spotlight:  Pterosaur Jaws and Teeth, with modern-day toucan bills and owl skulls.  After exploring the Ptero Store, Marissa and Solomon headed to the library, and we to the fluorescent rocks and minerals.  Pratima and I chatted over mango buttercream yellow cupcakes and hot beverages.  Solomon hung with us whilst Marissa retrieved bags for the library books from their car.  After they headed out, we did, too, and after fond farewells, I took leave at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home