SUN- Burgers for dinner; MON- Running Errands; TUE- Running Errands and Disney's The Jungle Book (2016)
Sunday we all went to noon Mass and enjoyed burgers, fries, and swirled frostee for lunch. Yesterday (Monday) I ran errands with Mom and Dad in the South Hills, Downtown, and made a slow crawl (approximately one hour from 376 East's Forbes Ave. exit to their home) through Oakland, due to the Bernie Sanders rally at the University of Pittsburgh, up on the hill. I helped Mom to prepare stuffed pepper steak, and Dad and Tito Larry arrived after golfing to share dinner hour with us.
Today I ran some errands in the afternoon, after a morning training session with Arlene at the museum. I also voted...the rain started, and then sprinkled as I headed to the polling place. I waited in a line of ~five people, and when I was the second in line, it poured. As I exited the voting place, I enjoyed the sunshine.
Soon after, Debbie and I went to McCandless Cinemas to watch The Jungle Book (2016):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3040964/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4
I told Debbie that the first movie I saw in the theatre was The Jungle Book:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061852/?ref_=fn_al_tt_5
We enjoyed the movie so much that I was mouthing the words of the songs during the movie, and singing aloud during the credits.
**MOVIE SPOILER ALERT**:
I found it telling that Mowgli, in a triumphant ride on the baby elephant, had the soot wiped away around his mouth---he had found his voice, and his voice invoked the Wolf creed, in unison with the varied animals of the jungle. His voice, which spoke with the others, together, loudly, against the hate and lawlessness embodied by Shere Khan.
We enjoyed a large popcorn with plenteous butter flavor and a large drink and a large cherry Icee. We went for Dave and Andy's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and salted caramel frozen yogurt afterwards. What a stunning film, and a great movie to watch!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home