Saturday, June 04, 2016

Memorial Day week 2016

On the 30th (Memorial Day), Mom and Dad bought a microwave oven from Best Buy.  I ended my antibiotic series on Sunday morning, and slowly was left with only a cough through the end of the week. 
On the 31st (TUE) I went for more docent training with touchables in the American Indians Alcoa Hall. 
On the 1st of June (WED) I had a couple of appointments.
On the 2nd (THU), late afternoon, I had an appointment for post-pneumonia and pre-op with Dr. Lori.
The first thing I did upon awakening on FRI the 3rd was send my niece a birthday wishes email.  Then I went to Big Bird's palenke for a dozen Boston crème donuts, for the price of half a dozen (National Donut Day)!!  Then it was time for training at the museum (shadowing Jessica through an awesome elementary class in dinosaurs, then shadowing Marisa through same et al. with a high school group), a visit of Dinosaur touchables with Jules, and when I got home after 14.00, lunch, and grocery shopping with Mom at various grocery stores.
Today, I got my haircut at my favorite place, went to the hair store for supplies, and after lunch/ snack with Mom and Dad, we went to Costco for lactase and prescription.  Then it was time for donations, etc. 
Dad and I are watching the Penguins at the Shark Tank in the Stanley Cup Final Game Three.  The Pens have won two (home) games, to date.  By about mid-first period, the score was 1-1.  Very intimidating---the Sharks fans have lit wristbands that flash in patterns based on their seating, the acoustics in the building are daunting for the visiting team, and a sportscaster right before the game interviewed a Shark (Ward), asking, "[The Sharks] are 7-2 in this building..."  and pressed for a reason.  Ward, looking up to the audience, stated simply, "Listen." 
As the team line-ups were introduced, the darkened lights over the ice also projected shadowy shark shapes swimming about the "Shark Tank."  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home