MON 01 MAR 2021 to WED 31 MAR 2021
MON 01 MAR 2021
Today I rose early,called the medical office, and did points to stay within 02 place for language online instruction. I prepared my house for inspection, and bicycled 11 minutes. Took care of some email correspondence, and also added points to add up to 55 to stay within 02 place for language online learning.
Drafted a letter for D and M, and collected papers for the consideration. So, D and I ran an errand to take care of this and other matters.
At home, I took care of some things, including a delivered item to secure my phone.
Photocopied and scanned items from our errand for M. Made the spaghetti and mixed it with the tomato-mushroom-sausage sauce. Watched Jeopardy! with M, then D, M, and I enjoyed the spaghetti dish with pepinos, and ended the meal with fruited orange Jell-O.
After they did a little TV watching, we watched a Netflix movie recommended by J O- The Next Three Days (2010) with Russell Crowe as the protagonist. The movie is an engrossing thriller, and is shot almost entirely in Pittsburgh and environs.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1458175/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
We watched, then I made my way to 03 place for language online learning before turning in.
TUE 02 MAR 2021
Awoke to find myself at 05 for language online learning. I worked back up to 03 this morning. Brought some pork chops for tonight's adobong baboy at gizzard dinner. Also had a Zoom work meeting with Sarah Crawford as a guest for our subdepartment. Had spaghetti for lunch and a short nap. Helped D and M with sous chef tasks, memberships, and correspondence. Worked my way up from 03 to 02 place for language learning online.
Soon, we will have dinner and also I will have a volunteer work Zoom meeting. Made up shopping lists for this week's grocery shopping.
WED 03 MAR 2021
Worked my way up from 05 to 03 place for language learning online, then dealt with vax tasks, science fair tasks, scheduling tasks. After lunch, I went grocery shopping in Friendship/Shadyside. At home, I brought some food supplies. Had spaghetti for dinner with D and M. Watched Jeopardy! with M, the guest host was the second since the death of Alex Trebek. It has been Mike Richards, and has been since 2 Mondays ago, a week and a half ago. We watched a tad bit of America Says on Game Show Network, then we switched the station to Fr John Odeyemi and Ted W leading the Novena for Our Lady of Perpetual Help. I worked my way after dinner from 05 to 01 place on my language learning online, all by earning 379 points just from today's efforts. Opened my mail, and soon it will be time to prepare for bed.
THU 04 MAR 2021
Last day for the Indigenous Knowledge Study Group. Great meeting!
Watched Jeopardy! with M.
FRI 05 MAR 2021
Took care of s phone call and correspondences in the morning. Handed off to MM hand-me-round clothes and books for the family. Picked up office supplies in East Liberty. Watched Jeopardy! after dinner with M. D, M, and I watched Hillbilly Elegy. Awesome movie, based on the book by J.D. Vance, an Ohioan whose family hails from Kentucky. This 2020 movie---directed by Ron Howard and starring Glenn Close as his grandmother, Mamaw---utilizes flashbacks to childhood when J.D. is called from his Yale Law School internship interviews back to his hometown in Ohio due to a family emergency.
Excellent, engrossing storytelling:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6772802/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
SAT 06 MAR 2021
This morning I did some online language learning. Picked up hamburgers, chicken nuggets, fries, and a shake for a late lunch with D and M today. At 19.00 to 21.00 we attended a ZOOMed Celebration of Life of one of M's classmates: EA. His daughters delivered eulogies, as did some of his in-laws, grandchildren, and friends. We typed in memories and wishes for him right before we signed off for the evening. Afterwards, I found myself at 07 place for the online language learning, and after some lessons and practice, am now at 04th place in the Prl League.
SUN 07 MAR 2021
After my morning ablutions and before watching the televised morning Mass at Cathedral, I worked to go from 05 to 04 place for online language learning. Went grocery shopping at Palenkeng de Malaking Aguila in Shadyside, then worked back up to 04 place for online language learning. After dinner, worked up to 03 place in Prl League. Now time for Zoom family meeting. Fun, fun, fun! k and K joined later; ~3 hours of Zooming.
I moved up to Obsdn League. Great fun with online language learning. Today I earned 258 points, which paled in comparison to my earnings Wednesday---279 points. The next level is Dmnd; with everyone already jockeying for position now, early in the week. Worked further up to 296 points and back up to 06 place.
MON 08 MAR 2021
Practiced, worked on lessons for online language learning. Before my seminar I went from 13 to 05 place. The speaker for the Moriarty Science Seminar series today is by Betul Kacar. I posed a question about the Hadal Zone on Earth. Ran an errand w D and M via car. Scanned various documents and submitted them to various organizations. Had a sandwich for an early dinner, and headed home before dark. Arranged a casserole of cheesy sausage-y bell pepper-y tater tots for overnight placement in the refrigerator.
TUE 09 MAR 2021
Listened to the radio for about an hour starting at 07.00. Started a loaf of soft egg bread (with butter) at about 8.00. Preheated the oven for the casserole, as well. Heated the casserole, then removed the aluminum foil to let the cheese melt properly. Let it cool. Weeded some of my wardrobe for BF (Tried on each piece of clothing. Checked the fit, especially the sleeves.) Made 3 phone calls this morning...Brought the casserole over to D and M's for lunch, with the challah-like loaf. Mailed 2 letters. Paid my card bill. Dropped off/picked up library material, bought some dietary supplement, and went to drop off some clothing for BF, and a couple of letters for WA. MM ran interference! and caught me halfway up the steps. She showered me with face masks, Diet Coca Cola, and potting soil, and retrieved the bag for BF and WA from me. H was not pleased to see me, and was protective. Back at the "ranch," I helped print out documents and had dinner before the Zoom UMW general meeting.
Today, in the early afternoon I did a few rounds of online language learning. Sat at 13 place. After my Zoom meeting, I worked up from 13 to 07 place in online language learning. Time to turn in (relatively) early.
WED 10 MAR 2021
Looked over statements from the general meeting. Added soil to two plants from MM on Xmas. Worked up from 12 place to 09 place in online language learning. After brunch, I worked up to 05 place. Enjoyed the mid- to upper-60s Fahrenheit temperatures in the garden today and got the mail, too. Had dinner of crab torta with atsara on rice, pork chop suey, and mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich. Watched part of NBC Nightly News, and primed the recording of Jeopardy! Retrieved data for M and D in my files and replied to an email from a former dorm mate! Nice connections.
Will do a little online language practice...I fell to 06 place...back up to 05 place after dinner.
Polished my black shoes before movie-time.Watched Fried Green Tomatoes (whilst helping out with virus scanning M's computer).
Great movie. Jessica Tandy was excellent, as usual, with a wonderful supporting cast:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101921/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
THU 11 MAR 2021
Spent the morning on the computer. Worked up to 04 place on online language learning, and maintained it through the day and after the movie this evening. Late morning I switched out my black leather shoes for rain shoes, as it had started to rain right before noon.
I then accompanied D and M to their appointments for their second COVID vaccines, which were delayed by 6 days. I then dropped them off at home and headed to Palenkeng de Malaking Aguila in Shadyside. Shopped for some hot fried chicken, water, and D's favorite ice cream flavor, too. We enjoyed the pritong manok, canin, at pepino for lunch, with sorbetas for dessert. Before Jeopardy! I ranked at 04 in online language learning, Obsdn League. After watching Jeopardy!, M, D, and I watched Paddington (2014) on television.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1109624/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Notable famous actors in the film included Nicole Kidman as Millicent, and Michael Bond portrayed a Kindly Gentleman:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1286491/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t13
Time to scan some vaccine cards!
FRI 12 MAR 2021
Spent the morning taking care of phone and other correspondence. Picked up some Lenten fish sandwiches for lunch with chips with M and D. Took a nap at home. Bicycled for 27 min; spoke with MVK on the phone. Also requested some paperwork from workplace. Dinner was fish with chop suey vegetables, jasmine rice, and D's favorite ice cream for dessert. After watching the end of a week with Katie Couric as Jeopardy! guest host, we watched Paddington 2 (2017), which I greatly enjoyed:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4468740/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Hugh Grant was Phoenix Buchanan, and joined Hugh Bonneville (Mr. Brown from the first movie and the rest of the Bond family). The credits included our friend, Michael Bond, who passed away the same year the movie was made.
I greatly enjoyed this film, more that a tad more than the original Paddington film from 2014. Throughout the day and until late this evening, I maintained the 04 place in online language learning. I got outside briefly yesterday and today, both days in the mid- to upper-60s Fahrenheit.
SAT 13 MAR 2021
Walked with SH for a neighborhood walk. Worked before and after the walk to maintain 04 place in online language learning. Had a leftover sandwich for lunch with a fresh orange. Watched some videos on home organizing. Took a nap; bicycled for 15 minutes. Worked to maintain 04, then to get to 03 place in online language learning by 17.10, and to 02 place by 30 minutes after that. Started a load of laundry for M and D. We had dinner, and I worked on administrative prep for PRSEF. By 23.00 I was at 03 place in online language learning.
SUN 14 MAR 2021
SPRING FORWARD! to Daylight Savings Time.
The 14th of March is when the museums went on official lockdown in 2020. It's been a year, on Pi Day.
Was up less than an hour before the televised 10.00 Mass for the 4th Sunday of Lent, Laetare Sunday. Fr Mike Darcy celebrated the Mass with Deacon Tom Berna. They were assisted by a tall (seminarian?) and the younger (now taller) towheaded boy with dark-framed glasses. Christine Mc cantored, accompanied by the organist at the Beckerath console. The lector scheduled was Pamela I, and the Eucharistic Minister was a woman who served, though was not on the schedule.
READING 1- 2 Chr 36:14-16, 19-23
Responsorial PSALM- 137:1-2, 3, 4-5, 6
READING 2- Eph 2:4-10
GOSPEL Reading- Jn 3:14-21
Fr Mike's homily was about the Gospel reading. He spoke about the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, talking about how the serpent was depicted by artists such as Michelangelo and Giotto as starting out in the Tree and being condemned to crawl on its belly....Fr Mike also spoke about how Science describes what we see, not the underlying cause/s (of phenomena)....he also quoted Socrates, "The unexamined life is not worth living." For the Christian, the (examined life reveals ) the Truth of (one) self, and the Truth of Christ: The Good News.
Lunch was ham and melt-y Muenster cheese sandwiches with all the trimmings. I heated tonight's dinner, as well. Went to bicycle 35 minutes (1 min slow, 1 min medium, 33 min slow) whilst chatting with JM by telephone. Dinner chez D and M with eggplant parmigiana. Time for the weekly family Zoom meeting, which lasted ~3 hours and was quite productive.
MON 15 MAR 2021
Accompanied D to phth appointment. We got some burgers, fries, drinks, and shake for lunch with M. Then, time for online language learning---hit the leaderboard running: up to 04 place by mid-afternoon. Made some phone calls and worked on a spreadsheet for our family plans.
TUE 16 MAR 2021
Contacted by my former workplace to supply me with paperwork for correspondence. Working on online language learning---by 15.30 ranked 01 in the Dmnd league! Read most all of the student science fair reports that were assigned to me. (Some were not yet submitted electronically.) Read them in preparation for next week's judging. Had a meeting at ~as virtually with Akwasi, NB, and a new intern. NB and finished and sent in a document with a rolling deadline.
WED 17 MAR 2021
Happy Saint Padraig's Day! Went grocery shopping in Friendship/Shadyside. Had a virtual meeting with Dr F Di and 9 students today. Bicycled for 12 minutes. Maintained my 03 place in online language learning. Had a practice virtual meeting with some of us 5 category judges. Watched Jeopardy! with M, with Katie Couric still as the guest host.
THU 18 MAR 2021
Awoke, did some email correspondence, maintained my 03 place in online language learning, helped M with some things before her medical appointment. Productive appointment---after. M and I went to shop for grocery and supplies in Homestead. Ran into Tita A and Tito O, there, too. Lunch, put groceries away, and maintained my 03 place in online language learning! Time for a short nap. D, M, and I enjoyed rotisserie chicken for dinner, M and I watched Jeopardy! and afterwards I ordered a bedding item for D and M. and put the finishing touches on a packet to mail out, mailing it out in the PM.
FRI 19 MAR 2021
Woke early, sent out some emails, and plunked back to sleep. Awoke again, and maintained my 03 place position in online language learning, and sent some more emails. M and I had a meeting, and then we enjoyed tuna salad sandwiches. This morning, afternoon, and evening worked to maintain my 03 place in online language learning. This afternoon I bicycled slowly for 1 hour and 07 minutes. D, M, and I had a enjoyed a Friday Lenten dinner together, which included marinated salmon. M and I watched the last episode of Jeopardy! that featured Katie Couric as the guest host.
SAT 20 MAR 2021
Awoke early to slowly make my way to 01 place in Dmnd League in online language learning, only to go to 02 place in the late afternoon. Maintained as 02 place. (I don't understand how one of my competitors gained 100XP in less than 10 minutes!! Es increible...C'est incroyable...)
Today I looked for an Amazon item...very difficult with multiple criteria. Weeded my closet more today. Took a short nap. Acted as sous chef for sinigang baboy. Enjoyed part of Jeopardy! (episode with Alex Trebek) with M. I will relax this evening.
SUN 21 MAR 2021- 5th Sunday of Lent (B)
This morning, I was 03 place in online language learning. Did a few rounds of learning/practicing/learning before attending the televised Lenten Mass from Cathedral with D and M. Fr Steve Palsa celebrated the Mass, assisted by Deacon Tom Berna. There were 3 servers: the regular teen, the younger tow-headed boy, and a young man who often serves at this Mass. The lector scheduled was James H. Linda O cantored, accompanied by the organist at the Beckerath console. Tom G and a woman were Eucharistic Ministers. Starting this week, the statues (including all the Crucifixes) were shrouded. Fr Steve pointed out the purpose of doing this during Lent: So that we might focus on the Mystery of the Dying and Rising of Christ.
The Gospel reading included the passage about the Grain of Wheat (Jn 12:20-33): Unless a grain of wheat falls to the earth and dies, it remains a grain of wheat/seed. Once it dies, it can produce much fruit. Fr Steve talked about these ideas in his Homily, including the bean seed experiment in the earth in a cup which one does in school.
Had a sandwich for lunch. Took a Sunday afternoon nap. I ordered some items from REI. Also paid some bills. Will prepare for the science fair, today.
MON 22 MAR 2021
Over the course of the day I went from 29 to 19 place in online language learning. Prepared for judging the science fair, and watched Jeopardy!
TUE 23 MAR 2021
Over the course of the day I went from 28 to 22 place in online language learning.
I accompanied M to a doctor appointment on 5 this morning; and to a dental exam this afternoon.
Prepared for judging the science fair.
WED 24 MAR 2021
The Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair was today. I judged a category of high school projects. Great fun!
I picked up items from McKnight Road and the Southside (bedding materials).
I was able to go from 22 to 19 place in online language learning today.
THU 25 MAR 2021
I maintained 28th place in online language learning today.
I received items for outdoors/travel in the mail today. Accompanied M and D to Dr A L. J for follow-up appointments. Attended the PRSEF Awards ceremony (by remote Zoom), two students whom I judged won category awards....as did 2 brothers whom I met with their mom 4 years ago. Attended a Zoom sponsored by FSA at CMU, with journalist Howie Severino presenting on Baybayin, a phonetic way of expressing language. During the Q and A period, Tita AA noted that there is Baybayin script on the wall mural in the Philippine Nationality Room at the Cathedral of Learning at the University of Pittsburgh.
FRI 26 MAR 2021
Climbed from 28 to 25 place in online language learning today.
SAT 27 MAR 2021
k and K arrived at Lolo/la's today. I the dog was dropped off at WA and MM's family to spend time with H the dog. K, k, and I went to WA and MM's home for all of them and us to take the dogs for a walk in the park across the street. Back at Lolo/la's k and K had brought their nilaga with star anise, and we also enjoyed kare kare by M. Maintained ~~my standing in online language learning today.
SUN 28 MAR 2021
k and K went to WA and MM's place to play with the dogs while D,M, and I watched the Palm Sunday 10:00 AM Mass. I reinstated my one cell line. Went from Dmnd to Obsdn League in online language learning today. I have been preoccupied with fun family matters. We had a family Zoom in the late afternoon into evening.
MON 29 MAR 2021
k and K departed to retrieve I the dog, than to head home. In the early afternoon D dropped M and me off Uptown for a test. Maintained my standing in the Obsdn League in online language learning today. Had a nice evening after sending my scanned judging rubrics to NW at CSC for the PRSEF. Had a chance to call some friends from home today, as well as tomorrow evening.
TUE 30 MAR 2021
Had a Virtual Field Trip Training for most of this morning with my colleagues. It was great fun pretending to be 3rd graders on a remote field trip through Dino Armor! Had a chance to call some friends from home today.
This morning I maintained my standing in online language learning today.
WED 31 MAR 2021
This morning I maintained my standing in online language learning today.
I helped M with various correspondence throughout today. I had a virtual appointment with an electronic resources librarian late this afternoon. After several days in the 60s and 70s Fahrenheit, today we had a day that started in the mid-50s and dipped down into the 30s Fahrenheit.
Tomorrow we will start off the Easter Triduum, a new calendar month, with les poissons d'Avril, et with April Fools. We will celebrate with a fresh new blog post!
from PITTwire:
Elevated Risk Posture, Shelter-in-Place Protocols to Begin at Pittsburgh Campus
The changes, which go into effect at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, come as the University’s team of medical experts assess a continued climb in positive COVID-19 cases among students living on and off campus. Students should only go out for classes, work if needed, safe exercise, takeout food and essentials. The shelter-in-place period will remain in effect until the COVID-19 Medical Response Office advises that it is safe to lift.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home