Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Visiting--School Farm and Berkeley

Today was Miranda's birthday celebration at school. Joyce and she had chosen family photographs for a poster they made together to share with Miranda's class. After dropping off Miranda; Joyce, Benny, and I joined Peyma and Nessa in a trip to the school's farm--replete with two sheep, goats, chickens, and a community garden divided by the school classrooms.

Joyce, Benny, and I went home and then she drove me to the California Avenue Station. I took Caltrain to Millbrae, transferred to BART, transferred trains at Embarcadero to a Richmond-bound train and popped out at the Downtown Berkeley station. I called Lloyd and Sheila, and walked to Body Time (originally The Body Shop), where I purchased some fragrance, and then met Sheila and Lloyd at the Campanile tower after a short walkabout West campus of UC Berkeley, including photos near Sather Gate. We had lunch at Adagia on Bancroft Way, with Carrie as our server. It used to be a church library, but was converted into a restaurant. The food was delicious--we had sandwiches with salad or frites; I had the Spanish white anchovy bocadillo and we shared a trio of sorbets, which included blood orange, lime, and watermelon--and we had engaging conversation. All three of us walked to the BART station, where I caught the next San Francisco-bound train.

I disembarked at Embarcadero, and called my friend Rafi, who met me for an "antioxidant" smoothie of blueberries, berries, and tea. I continued on BART after bidding Rafi adieu. and found myself standing in line waiting for the next train next to one of his friends! We chatted, and she informed me that her son is a stand-up comic who makes Pinoy jokes. (Note to self: must share his web site with FAAP members.) Joyce retrieved me from the Palo Alto/Stanford University station, and Greg, Joyce, Miranda, and Benny all had dinner together, with the corn and beans that we purchased locally by the coast yesterday.

I read Benny three good-night stories, and left to type this entry/post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home