Sunday, September 24, 2006

Jen's Bridal Shower

Yesterday, Jen F.'s sister, Kim, and her sister-in-law, Cece, and I helped Brian's relatives set up for Jen's bridal shower. We helped prepare the food, flowers, and drinks, hand out preprinted nametags for guests; and to set the tables. The food was great--chicken stir fry or shrimp Newburg on rice with fresh fruit. The cranberry-pineapple punch was served with coffee and tea, and after lunch the almond cake from Oakmont Bakery with a delicious Bavarian cream filling was served. Jen and I sat at the "kid's" table and I learned the names of most of the junior bridesmaids. After lunch, we played a game of writing about Jen, and opened presents. It was a treat to see Chris R. and Krista L. again. Her fiancee, Brian McG., showed up at the end of the party with flowers, (he was to "stay out of her hair" 'til then) and was promptly told by Jen,"You are SO NOT in trouble!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home