Miro Quartet with Eliot Fisk, guitarist
I received tickets to the Pittsburgh Chamber Music Society performance by the Miro Quartet with Eliot Fisk on guitar. Judi and I walked that balmy night to the Carnegie Music Hall. We arrived early enough to hear the Carnegie Mellon Baroque String group perform in the Great Hall.
Music from Spain was performed by the Miro Quartet by Arriaga; after which Eliot Fisk, performed guitar solos; Caprichos No.1 by Leonardo Balada (who was present that evening) were performed by the quintet; and Boccherini's Quintet in D Major, G. 448 "Fandango" was performed. The quintet played well together, familiar with the music and each other's tempo so that they breathed the music together. Judi and I particularly enjoyed the last movement of the Boccherini piece, during which one could pick out the flamenco dancer's staccato heel strikes in the music.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home