Ama Namin
Ama Namin is the Tagalog version of the Pater Noster a.k.a. the Our Father. Ken has asked me for musical arrangements of Filipino music. Tita Bening's brother, Fr. Perry, provided a CD with "Ama Namin," "Kordero ng Diyos," and "I Believe" (the last arrangement sung by him). The version of "Ama Namin" is a different musical setting than I had heard when travelling in the PI, and is a different version than either Jo-Anne or Gabe, my choirmates from near Manila, find familiar.
I had a chance to meet Fr. Perry at Mass at the Pittsburgh Athletic Association. The Mass was for the local medical society.
I find it interesting that the literal translation of the Pater Noster is "give us our nourishment daily (on a daily basis)," as rice is the staple nourishment for most of the country.
Labels: Church, Philippines, Pilipino culture, prayer, singing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home