Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Happy, chatty girl...

...Beatrice came home from the hospital yesterday with her Daddy and Mommy. William said she was smiling and chatty, probably from all the oxygen getting to her! William's blog post details the condition and the procedure...I mentioned to my students during our anatomy and physiology laboratory that I have a niece with PDA. I like the National Library of Medicine site William chose to link...I printed out the same for my students to consider two weeks ago in lab. But, none went to look at it...(once you're born and you don't have a congenital condition, why show interest?) which I found interesting, since many are pre-med, pre-pharm, pre-vet, pre-nursing, AND pre-occupied with their grades. And there lies the truth: Perhaps, seeing that their grade did not depend on knowing about patent ductus arteriosus, they focussed on the anatomy on which their grades depended.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home