Emergency [False] Alarm, Fall 2007
About an hour ago the emergency alarm went off. I was the first fire warden on my floor to knock on the doors. We noted who had responded on our sheets as soon as we were outside, in the lukewarm air. "No smoke, no fire, but the alarm is still on," as one of the firefighters said.
Conversations:
me (addressing Mr. Y): "So, young lady, when did you go to [insert name of Seven Sister college on his sweatshirt]?"
Mr. Y: Several times.
*
[re: a service dog who was by his mommy] his mommy: "He's running for mayor...he's really popular."
me: He's got more charisma!
~~~
I tired of waiting for the alarm to be turned off, so I hoofed it to my folk's home under the intention of finding out if there were an alarm there, too (there WAS a fire truck by their building).
The thin fingernail of a moon smiled down on us, and the uni students across the street tried to crash our "party," but to no avail.
~~~
I need my beauty sleep, because if I don't get it; Beauty turns to a beast!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home