She's got skills I--Rhythm
I sat with Beatrice last night while her parents went to an outdoor play at Saxonburg road. Before they left, I saw her cruisin' adeptly, crawling quickly, and was informed that she had climbed Everest that day and had just finished her nap after the event. Drumming excites her, and she starts to drum next to you, too. I drummed and sang "Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole" and she began to dance (apparently new, according to William). We all had dinner (a new eggplant pasta recipe) and she is very concerned with the cleanliness of her hands ("a very neat child"), which her Daddy and I relieved in turn.
After her parents left, we read a stack of books, waltzed around the living room, played with the ball and cup, pulled my glasses from my face over and over, and she drank her formula. A couple of brief meltdowns occurred when she was placed (more than once) in the playpen, relieved by dancing with singing or by reading. When they arrived, Marissa stated that Beatrice was overtired. It was apparent that Beatrice knew the "meltdowns" William and I were discussing ("Be careful what you say," William said).
Labels: Beatrice, children, dance, excited, music, niece and nephew

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home