Wave Pool 2007; Parish Picnic Planning
After re-proofing some docs for work, I went to the wave pool with Jen. After about an hour and a half, the lifeguards called us all out of the water. Lightning was sighted, thunder was heard. Jen and I had cherry slurpies, and then I dressed to drive Jen home--but not before stopping at a gasoline station where the price was "only" $2.79/gallon. I can remember a time when $0.33/gallon was considered expensive---when my family vacationed in the Great Smokey Mountains.
Mom, Dad, and I dined together; and I headed to Pastoral council meeting, stopping by the altar of Mary where some of my friends from choir were rehearsing with Don for a Newman Center event. As I, Elaine, Vickie, Ed R., and Dave gathered (with Elizabeth's secretary, Ann-Marie) on the rectory steps; it became clear that no one could hear us ring the bell. I borrowed a key, returned it, then our meeting in the rectory commenced. It was quite useful--we decided to have a brief, simple, open-ended survey at the parish picnic in September. We decided on questions and discussed the logistics of the survey.
Labels: Choir, Church, friends, pool, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home