Afternoon of Music
This afternoon I went to the library to return some books and renew a book....the real reason I decided to go was to hear Hooley, the Irish band that often plays the Pittsburgh Irish Festival. After listening to Hooley,
I headed to St. Paul Cathedral for a concert directed by James Wetzel. The Quintessentials choir presented A Triumphant Shout with Don as the organist for the concert. They sang
~From the choir loft
The National Anthem
God is Gone Up, Op. 27, No.2 (Finzi)
And I Saw a New Heaven (Bainton)
Postlude in D, Op. 105, No. VI (by Stanford, played by James)
~While processing
Psalm 150 Laudate Dominum (Anglican Chant, by Talbot)
~at the chancel
Jesu Dulcis Memoria (de Victoria)
Ubi Caritas (Durufle)
Jesus, So Lowly (Friedell)
Concerto in B minor for Organ--I particularly liked the first allegro movement of this piece--(by Walther, played by Don)
Maria wallt zum Heiligtum (Eccard)
Ave Maria (Angelus Domini) (Biebl)
After the concert, I had a chance to talk with my choir friends; and to Ken and Lisa about the school "occurrence," and about the Tagalog pater noster.
Doug, Karen, Judi, Jess, Mary Pat, Mary Beth, and I joined up for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants nearby. Boy, that creme brulee was pretty good.
Labels: Choir, dining, international culture, Ireland, music

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home