Friday, July 20, 2007

Poor Service; CHOIReland stories

What! After stopping in Kohli's imports for some bagged crunchy snacks, Jonathan and I decided to dine at Lulu's noodles (which serves delicious noodles!). The service was so poor to warrant Jonathan's comment to the waitress that "[he] thought that this was the last time [he] would come here---the restaurant is not even busy, and it took a long time before we were even seated, given water or menus, and the order was not even right."

I mentioned that I usually carry out for Lulu's, and that's the best service I get. (Certain days of the week, with a decent-size group, are okay, too.) While waiting, we discussed CHOIReland pub stories, including:

Miss Drunk USA
me: If she's found sober, she loses the crown!
me: So much for "world peace"!
Jonathan was naming possible judges for the contest, leading to a comment by me that he could be the head of the judge's panel OR "the Donald Trump of Miss Drunk USA."
---
Saving a Life (reciprocity) (several times)
me: WAIT! We have to push green man's buttons!
Laura: There's no cars, let's just go...
me: (as a car whooshes by) We have to wait for the green man.

Laura (silently pulls me from traffic as a car rounds the bend)
---
Jaunting Cart Ride
me (to jaunting cart driver, upon return to cart): Wait right here. I'll be right back....
(I look closely at the other drivers, then return, saying): Okay. You're the cutest jaunting cart driver. You must be our driver (in reference to a statement made by the jaunting cart driver).

me: There is Ohio's state tree,
Jaunting cart driver: ...the buckeye, which we know as the horse chestnut.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home