Saturday, June 30, 2007

Waking up

Not much to say since yesterday evening, but I'm proud of myself for keeping on my schedule to get on IRELAND time for next week: I woke up 20 minutes earlier than yesterday; I awoke at 6:00am today. I've spent the past hour organizing my packing, and just now made a copy of my "Boston list for packing," from my last trip, in preparation of editing it for this journey.

It's too early in the morning, and my mind is wandering...the title of this post is "Waking up," as in "rising earlier and earlier each morning," NOT as in "Waking Ned Devine," a great movie which we saw at Joyce and Greg's one New Year's Eve. The movie was filmed in Ireland. So I've seen:

Waking Ned Devine
The Commitments
The Secret of Roan Inish
The Quiet Man

all filmed in Ireland.

Currently, one of my friends from choir is on a trip around Ireland. Here is a link to Bob's Ireland 2007 web log.

Last Thursday before choir practice a group of ~seven of us Ireland pilgrims gathered to learn some Irish folk dances from my friend, Kelly. We learned:

Keel Row (with music by Martin Simpson),
Siege of Ennis, and
Shoe the Donkey (with music by Paddy Noonan)

We had a lot of fun, and thanked Kelly for her teaching us. The boys were "scared off," or shy; perhaps by the gathering of women all dancing. Anyway, there were enough of us to learn the basic steps and figures.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home