Sunday, June 24, 2007

Visitors--Kirsten; Berry Picking June 2007

After some delicious farina, Amy, her two boys, and I headed out to Trax farms for some berry-picking. After a detour fiasco due to a water main break, we finally made it to Trax farms, where I ran into Theresa, a former co-worker, and then to customer service at Trax: Strawberry picking ended Wednesday! And blueberry picking starts in 7-10 business days. We went to an open-air market, had lunch (chicken noodle soup and half a sandwich), then shopped for groceries and gifts. I got some strawberries, white cherries, red raspberry candy, and pretzel buns.

Back at Amy's house, I coached the boys on the fine points of fencing, held several puppet shows, shared some tea, and watched the boys play at Superman. We had a discussion about the bee shortage before they found the ice cream truck as I was pulling out of their driveway, waving to Amy and her men.

~~~
It was time to take the bus to the airport, where I met Kirsten. We stopped by my house to pick up reunion 2007 photos, and then we drove to her place at Chatham for her to change and drop off her suitcase. We then drove to Oakland to Victor's restaurant for a delicious dinner of naan, samosas, lamb masala, chicken biryani, and grilled salmon and vegetables. We enjoyed the meal, talked to Victor for a bit, then headed back to Shadyside.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home