Pirates Game June 2007, Anna's Ninth Birthday
Just returned from the Pirates v. White Sox game. Mom, Dad, William, and I enjoyed seats between home plate and first base directly above field level seats. There was a tagging fiasco by the Pirates between second and third bases, in which the tagging was not recognized by the judges....The fellow behind Mom caught a fly ball. We departed at the seventh inning and dropped William off at home.
Earlier this evening Mom, Dad, and I went to Anna's ninth birthday party. This year the invitations went out quite late (the night before, for us). I am usually the annual game-meister, with Dean acting as one of my co-meisters last year. Both of us had to leave early: I for the Pirates game, and Dean for dinner with his parents at Sweet Basil/La Filipiniana. He stayed a little beyond when we left, stating, "You owe me one...for next year," and I figured I'd be game-meister again, next year.
The food at Anna's party was delicious---I had two kinds of lumpia--fried vegetable, and Shanghai; Greek plain pastitio; chicken adobo with sauce on a bed of white rice; a raw veggie tray; and leche plan, and cassava bibinka. There were twice as many dishes as mentioned here, with long buffet tables set up in the back of their backyard. Anna's dad, John, was recuperating from a broken hip, so he wasn't present at the party. Her guests were from school, Greek school, and jazz classes, as well as her friends from dance troupe in FAAP.
Labels: baseball, Birthday, children, dining, international culture, Pilipino culture, Pittsburgh

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home