This past week hasn't been as busy...Jason home
This past week hasn't been as busy...I went to a talk by Natalie Baker-Shirer for the readers of the Radio Information Service, lectored at the Cathedral a couple of times this week. Saturday, after lectoring I went to a tea tasting at the Te Cafe, and attended Annie's (Anna to the rest of the world) eighth birthday party.
~~~
Serving as a lector on Saturday noon is different than for televised Masses during the week--fewer announcements and no music! This Saturday at noon, I served with Carole and Fr. Daniele Vallecorsa on the Nativity of St. John the Baptist.
I arrived fashionably late for the tea tasting. They had discussed what is and is not tea, different forms of tea, and different names of tea. We tasted a Dragon Pearl Jasmine tea (quite fragrant!); gyokuro, a green tea reminiscent of alfalfa when steeped; Margaret's Hope Darjeeling (from a garden bought overseas by a Brit, in memory of his daughter, who loved the tea garden); and a Russian Caravan tea (which transported me to a small smoky hut where food is being prepared). I ended the afternoon tea with biscotti and a herbal rooibos caramel tea from South Africa. Absolutely delicious! We passed our teapots around the table, and I tried Thuy's selection of cardamom tea (which picked out the spice from the chai octet of flavors); and Eve's selection of pear rooibos (lovely fruity notes!)
At Anna's garden birthday party dad said the blessing of the food, we partook of the two large tables of food (too plentiful to name!), and, as usual, I was one of the gamemeisters--joined this year by Dean and Myla, as the group of children participating has grown from previous years. We played limbo, parachute, "give me," and pinata, among other games.
~~~~
This Sunday was Joyce and Greg's anniversary, with an added gift: Jason is out of the hospital! All our thoughts and prayers have been with him and his family. It must be great for Michael to have his whole family back at home together again. Joyce, Greg, Miranda, and Benny went to visit with Jason and his family Sunday. Miranda's dream/prayer is coming true!
Labels: anniversary, Birthday, lector, read, RIS, tea, thankfulness, Wellesley

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home