Home again, Home again, jig-a-dee jig
I'm home again after my travels to the San Francisco Bay area. I brought sourdough bread for us to enjoy here in Pittsburgh, as well as a full suitcase of blankets, a Maya wrap, and crib items for William and Marissa. Miranda walked into the gate at school by herself today, and Joyce, Benny and I went to Peets to pick up coffee to share with April, Joyce's friend. This has become their morning ritual. We went shopping afterwards, and Joyce got a pair of maternity jeans for Marissa. I got a money belt/pack for my travels, as well as a shirt to layer in the airplane.
My seatmates were Augie, an MD who is an anatomy and physiology professor at a satellite Kent State campus; and a telecommunications worker. Augie and I had a great discussion about teaching, balancing work and family, and children.
Dad picked me up in the airport--we walked all the way back out to long-term parking because they were waving cars away from short-term parking. Mom had a dinner of kare-kare, perch, rice, corn, and pineapple waiting for me! The sky had threatened rain the whole evening, but without precipitation, save a few drops on the airplane window as we descended onto the runway. Gee, it's great (awesome) to be back home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home