Visitors--Kirsten; List IV
So! It's relatively early on a Saturday morning and I've finished three loads of laundry. Whew!
Kirsten is coming to visit Pittsburgh for a week to present at a science education conference. I'll be meeting her at the airport, and I've determined with T minus nine to ten hours before her ETA, my house is not ready for just any visitor to visit. No, but (Kirsten is a good friend of mine, and) with a little spiffing up, my home will be fine for her to stop by and see.
My parents and I have discussions about my home and I have decided that it is a great feat to fight the Second Law of Thermodynamics whenever I attempt to make it presentable to a friend. I am blessed with close friends who accept me for who I am and understand me. I am still amazed that my closest (geographically and by bloodline) relatives are just like Grandma--neatniks. You can eat off of my mom & dad's kitchen floor!
That being said, I still win the prize of the longest running non-neat household, among the trio of: Mom & Dad, William & Marissa, and me.
~~~
I spoke with my friend Luce, who loves waterslide parks. We have decided that she should visit Pittsburgh sometime, and take in all the culture (and the waterslide-iness of Pittsburgh). We also further discussed my list. She mentioned an article she had read by Dear Abby. After our discussion, I shall add to the list:
*openly HONEST.* NOW. (aka available)
communicative (aka available)
gifted/talented (aka affinity)
at least semi-educated (does not have to be as educated as I)
familiar with Miss Manners (aka nice, kind)
After our discussion, I added:
must like children (aka nice, kind)
must like ethnic foodS (aka an INDICATOR of affinity)
must have reasonable relationships to Mom, money, men, mess, music, ART, and me. (aka tolerant and tolerable)
~~~
My phone just rang--Amy inviting me to go strawberry picking with her two boys. MMmm! I luff strawberry picking! I will eat breakfast, don my sandals and hat, and head out the door.
Labels: children, cleaning, friends, list, organizing, philosophical

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home