Thursday, June 28, 2007

Familiar Friends

I remember the day that my sister Joyce declared to her siblings (sometime after the three oldest of us had graduated from college and before she was married) that she "isn't sure that she would make friends with the rest of us sibs if she were to meet us now, BUT that she is glad she has us as her friends." Pretty profound, if you think about it---it says that we are different enough from each other (meaning our upbringing was tolerant of our different personalities), and that we are tolerant of someone who is different in some ways from us.

I think we all share some basic personality traits from our parents---we are all pretty much happy, optimistic people with a high level of energy.

There is more I want to write on this subject, but later.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home