Anjali's Surprise Party!
This evening I attended Anjali's surprise party for filing her immunology dissertation. Jess invited Doug, Don, Judi, Karen, Stacy, Jonathan, Alroy and Kay, Ornella, Gabe, and me to a potluck to celebrate her filing of her thesis. She was duly surprised as we met her on the deck with a rendition of a thesis-filing song. We all enjoyed the kebabs, salads and side dishes, and desserts everyone brought. Jess and I even spotted a SHOUTING star low in the western sky. Feni was smelled by all (I personally think it smells like a mixture of acetone and isopropanol; Don said "paint thinner"), and the bottle passed around. Jonathan enjoyed it both neat and diluted with Sierra Mist. We played an "age game" in which (I think) I came out good. The next-door building had a deck party, too, and they hailed Jonathan and Anjali. We had a wonderful time and each took some of Jess's homemade zucchini bread with us. I left early in preparation for our first full family vacation since we were children--to the Carolina shore.
Labels: Choir, friends, singing, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home