Saturday, September 08, 2007

Theta's Farewell Party; Lunch with Beatrice; Dessert at Jan's

Yesterday, I lectored at the morning televised Mass and found the jackhammers outside to be so loud that I "couldn't hear myself speak," even with the loudspeakers. I saw my friend Sue and updated her how I've been doing since the Choireland tour. I also ran into my friend Dean. Last night was also Theta's farewell party. Theta is a friend of mine who happened to grow up in my Dad's hometown. Her family and my relatives attended the same high school classes. My dad recalls that her uncle was the valedictorian of my uncle's high school graduating class. There were fried lumpia, marinated BBQ, salads, and a slew of desserts including leche flan and Prantl's specialties.

Today, Mom and I prepared an amazing lunch of pancit, fresh lettuce lumpia, beef tapa, rice, fresh sweet corn, and garden tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella drizzled in balsamic vinegar. MMMmmMMM! William, Marissa, Beatrice, and Marissa's parents joined us for lunch. I left for an hour during which time Kelly U. and I spoke about our plans for the Wellesley Club this fall. Upon returning to Mom & Dad's home, I found that Beatrice and company were still there.

~~~
Sunday, 8 Sept 2007, 8:00AM
Last night, our neighbor Jan invited me for dessert with some visitors from the Pittsburgh Visitors Bureau. Allan (from Ilo-Ilo), Carlos (from Mexico City), and Kalpona (from Dakha, Bangladesh) all shared their insights. I invited them to our parish picnic on Sunday (today). I mentioned that there was an interest in helping all immigrants at the Church.

I need to go out now to purchase condiments for the picnic...I hope the weather holds out, and that we have a decent turn-out, despite the opening Steelers game.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home