Let's Have a Look I
via MRI and Xray to rule out avascular necrosis (AVN). My orthopedist has ordered imaging to determine if I have AVN. I am in more pain than I have been in the past. I think part of it is the change in weather and seasons. My cane is my friend since Thanksgiving.
I'm thankful that I have a
congenital condition
fairly common condition
treatable condition
I'm just worried about how slow I'll be getting up the steps to the choir loft this Sunday, the Feast of Christ the King. I'll just have to join the "slow train" group from now on.
~~~
10:40am
Just returned from my Xrays and MRI.
The Xray technician asked me, "What do they call what you have?"
"Bilateral (both sides) acetabular dysplasia."
"You really don't have an acetabulum on the right side. There's a slight one on the left, but there's really nothing on the right."
"I 'm held together by string and muscles!"
(laughs) "I've never seen anything like that."
"Yeah, I'm pretty much textbook case--about 60% uncovered femoral head on the right."
I told the intake nurse, Shelly, at the MRI department, "I thank God that they can treat whatever I have---just put in a new one! My condition is treatable."
(we had a chuckle over that)
"It's good to have a thankfulness moment," she said.
I watched the parade in downtown Pittsburgh while waiting my turn, then I was rolled into the General Electric MRI--the ceiling had a lit scene of sky and trees. Very relaxing. So relaxing that I took a nap with my earplugs in place while the MRI machine clunked and chunked away.
Stopped in the gift shop on my way out. Dad was kind enough to pick me up in this cold weather, as he had dropped me off.
Labels: BAD, Choir, family, seasons, singing, thankfulness, weather

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home