Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Yesterday after morning Mass, I spent some time taking photos around central campus of the leaves. It was 66 Fahrenheit according to the bank clock at Forbes and McKee about 11:30 am. I got some hair care supplies for mom at the drugstore, and printed some documents at Hillman Library. I communicated with my orthopedist some of my current problems with my hips, and she would like me to get some more imaging evaluation.

Today is Thanksgiving and Dad and I brought some food donations to morning Mass (it was ~60 Fahrenheit) (after hearing the power was out in William's neighborhood). Fr. Kesicki were the visiting priest (we sat in front of the parents), and Matt H. was the lector. Jim was one of the servers, and Don supplied the music ministry. I spoke to Angela after Mass and walked with Joe and Tina after Mass.

I am finishing some work, and Dad, Mom, and I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. Mom commented that it must be cold for the Rockettes, but I countered that it was above 60 Fahrenheit in New York City currently. (Mom called during the first half hour and William indicated that his neighborhood has power again).

~~~

We dined on

croissants and corn bread muffins with butter,
crackers with dips by Marissa and I,
Trader Joe's turkey prepared by Les,
green bean casserole by William,
two versions of sweet potato brulee (sliced and mashed) by Mom and Marissa,
homemade mashed potatoes by Marissa,
stuffing by Les,
two versions of cranberry sauce (the schloop and the TJ's),

drinks were
filtered water and sparkling ciders (domestic and imported).

We all retired to the living room before we indulged in desserts, consisting of:
black and tan cookies (PB cookies with chocolate kisses),
sugar cookies (not Beatrices, this time) (both by Marissa),
and Pumpkin Pie University Squares (by me).

I decided to use the cane this evening to supplement my funky, custom shoes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home