Merry Christmas 2007
Dad and I served in television and music ministries for the 10 pm Christmas Eve Mass. I arrived ~8:45 and Dad around 9:30 for the prelude festivities. Mom and Kelly attended. The music ministry provided:
Prelude
Votre Bonte Grand Dieu
My Dancing Day (arr. by Near)
O Magnum Mysterium (G. Gabrieli)
Gaudete (arr. R. Batastini) during which Jess played handbells and I shared music with her
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!
A Sound of Angels (C. Tye)
Fanfare and Variations on 'Noel Nouvelet'
Word of God
O Come, All Ye Faithful (arr. Cherwien)
Gloria of the Community Mass (R. Proulx)
Psalm 96 (Chepponis)
Christmastime Alleluia (Chepponis)
The Body and Blood of Christ
Where Shepherds Lately Knelt (C. Schalk)
Acclamations from the Community Mass by Proulx
Lamb of God from the Holy Cross Mass (D. Isele)
The First Nowell
Christmas Lullaby (J. Rutter)
Silent Night
Recessional and Postlude
Joy to the World (arr. Jenkins)
In dir ist Freude (J.S. Bach)
Some of us exchanged cards (an annual tradition for me); and Lisa, Nancy McA, and I shared festive necklaces. Lisa got Emily and Liz to don blinking necklaces, too.
How festive!
~~~
After Mass we opened gifts and spoke to Joyce and family long distance. Then, it was time for the feasting. I went to bed, tired, at 2am.
~~~
Dad had television ministry this morning at 8am. The rest of us slept in....I arrived at Mom and Dad's with dad at the computer and Kelly and Mom accompanying each other on accordian and piano (respectively). I sang Christmas carols, folk songs, and old favorites with them as a warm-up for choir this noon Mass. We sang pretty much the same tunes from last night, with some change in order and some edits. I came back and used the cozy blanket from Miranda and Benny for a nap.
Labels: Choir, Christmas, Church, music, singing, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home