Back from the Flu (So THAT'S what that sounds like!)
My first foray out into the world after the flu was to the orthopedic surgeon's office. I have my surgery scheduled for late this spring.
After an afternoon nap, and a couple of phone calls (one to my boss, that I would be in at work tomorrow; one to Don that I would not be singing tonight), Mom, Dad, and I attended the Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper. Bishop David Zubik celebrated the Mass, including washing of the apostles' feet, the homily, and stripping of the altar at the end of Mass. His homily referred to a nun, Sr. Eugenia, who taught him and his classmates a prayer upon receiving the Eucharist for the first time:
Let me remember this Eucharist
as if it were the first time I am receiving the Eucharist
as if it were the last time I am receiving the Eucharist
as if it were the only time I am receiving the Eucharist
and he also referred to the
taking
blessing
breaking and
giving of the
bread at table
and the body of Christ for our sins.
It was good to hear Ubi Caritas again (one of my favorite hymns).
Mom, Dad, and I sat right behind Karina this evening in Mass.
Labels: BAD, Church, cold, diocese of Pittsburgh, health, St. Paul Cathedral, tradition, Zubik

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home