Saturday, June 28, 2008

Alroy and Kay's Farewell Party

Yesterday evening Maureen, Karina, and I traveled to Alroy and Kay's burger and chicken tikka get-together to wish Kay a fond departure for Texas. At the party, the group also played a card game called Mafia, and I observed a few rounds of Texas Hold 'Em. Mafia was particularly engaging, especially considering the stories of the turn of events, as recounted by Alroy.

Example of a humorous round of Mafia:

Grace, after having hip surgery, was climbing a ladder to fix something on her roof, when the cat Grace knocked over the ladder while she was on it, thereby killing her.


It is also Kay's birthday tomorrow, and I presented her with a small book, Wisdom of the Apostles.

As Maureen departed early, Karina and I caught a ride home with Jeff, and we promised to see the hosts at Faith Sharing tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home