Thursday, June 05, 2008

I'm Home!

Spent the last hour watching the news, catching up on correspondence, and reading.

I've been home since Monday night. The intake home care nurse and the physical therapist visited Tuesday morning.

The easy part for me (showing up at the hospital) has been over. Now the responsibility for my recovery is largely in my hands--the exercise tools are been being placed at my feet.

I took up the reins in the recovery room, as soon as I felt the compression boots squeezing my legs. I started doing the "trio" of exercises: pointing/flexing the toes; strengthening the quads; and tightening the glutes. The day after surgery PT came by to help me: I smilingly used the walker to get from my hospital bed to my chair, from my chair to the corner of the nurses station! I think I may have overdid it, though, b/c my pain level went up that PM. They are managing my pain well since then, however. As my friend Susan says, "it's a new way of dancing."

I was so happy to share my thankfulness song with my surgeon last week, during rounds.

I'm so thankful for all the thoughts and prayers woven around me, knitted about me, crocheted around me to keep me warm in many many ways; thoughts and prayers from family and friends and from geographically near and far away!

I see the PT again this morning....

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home