Monday, July 28, 2008

Encyclopedia Article, First Draft; Cleaning/Organizing/Purging VII

This afternoon, I went to Hillman Library on campus. I spent a short time looking at the Greenwood Encyclopedia of African American Folklore--I looked at the "Blues" entry and the information on the entry's author...just as a comparison. I also printed up the reviewers' first comments to me about my encyclopedia entry. Marissa, who used to edit for a large, renown encyclopedia published in North America, was surprised that the editors were requiring the entry authors (in this case, me) to revise the documents to fit the encyclopedia's standard format. I was surprised, too.

After dinner and Jeopardy! Mom and I spent three hours moving my HEAVY coffee table, cleaning the living room and the refrigerator, and, after Dad arrived, cleaning out my cupboard in the basement. Whew! By the end, my unoperated hip had given out. I used the cart as a walker. I may have to use the crutches again tomorrow.
~~~
8am Tuesday 29th of July 2008
I can get by this early morning with just a cane.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home