Monday, August 11, 2008

To the Zoo, Ticket to Ride

To the zoo today with Miranda, Benny, Joyce, Greg, Beatrice, Solomon, William, and Marissa. I am ready with my giraffe gear (blouse, pin, handbag) and cat earrings with elephant bracelet. Miranda and Benny are watching the "rescue" of a baby pink flamingo on a children's animated cartoon, and I informed them of the presence of pink flamingos at the zoo. We will leave shortly for Tio Wawa's place, and depart from there for the zoo. Joyce and family will leave directly from the zoo for Phyllis and Gene's home.
~~~
20:45
We all had fun at the zoo---I rode the UPMC tram to the first stop, then walked to the food pavilion. I saw a butterfly while waiting for the tram (and many more, throughout the zoo), and photographed a large male lion, baby tiger, Beatrice petting a [python] and a turtle, zebras, elephants (both outside and inside, both baby and adult), giraffes, banana palm trees, and Marissa photographed me with the children. My last photo was of a bear before boarding the UPMC tram downhill. I rode next to a woman whose niece will be a first-year student at UNH, in zoology and marine biology. She studies sharks! Joyce's family stayed at the zoo, it was Beatrice's naptime.
~~~~~
After leaving the zoo, I sat in the windswept backseat with Beatrice and Solomon. Beatrice and I had several short conversations, including the following one.

me: You have nice hair, Beatrice.
Beatrice: Yeah.
me: Your hair is getting long.
Beatrice: Yeah.
me: Do you like your hair long?
Beatrice: Yeah.
me: Why? Why do you like your hair long?
Beatrice: I feel wind.


We put Beatrice to nap upstairs when we arrived at their home, and William took a short nap. They invited me to play Ticket to Ride, a board game about laying train tracks. (This version had the tracks in the United States and parts of Canada.)

I said, "[I'm tired.] I feel like him( indicating William, who rested, eyes half-closed, on the love seat)."

His immediate reply was to get up and stand up, saying, "See, you feel like me, then you will play this game."


We played two games of Ticket to Ride---with Marissa winning the first game, and my winning the second game. It was WAY FUN! I like it, and they have another supplement to the game in Switzerland.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home